Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Index Blogs  Forum User Help  Forum Search  Member List 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are the Coupons for?, Has anyone every used them?
mnop
post May 1 2005, 07:06 PM

Cube Guru

Group: Members
Specs: Powerlogix 1GHz/120GB/1.5GB/ATI 8500
Member No.: 1,316
Where From?:Los Angeles

I got up early Saturday and bought my copy of Tiger!! Got a decent price ($109 + tax) at my local Fry's. I haven't gotten enough time to do an install (and wanted to read the early comments), but I noticed for millionth time the software coupons that were included in the box. What are they for? Does anyone know anyone who has been able to use them to get free/discounted software/upgrades? I would say that they were for people to get free OS upgrades, if you got your machine only a few days before a new release, but I tried that twice for different OSs and new machines, so I know that Apple doesn't honor them for that.

Just wondering.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post Go to the top of the page
Trinity
post May 2 2005, 03:38 AM

Cube Guru

Member No.: 161
Where From?:Barcelona - Catalunya

QUOTE(mnop @ May 2 2005, 01:06 AM)
I got up early Saturday and bought my copy of Tiger!! Got a decent price ($109 + tax) at my local Fry's. I haven't gotten enough time to do an install (and wanted to read the early comments), but I noticed for millionth time the software coupons that were included in the box. What are they for? Does anyone know anyone who has been able to use them to get free/discounted software/upgrades? I would say that they were for people to get free OS upgrades, if you got your machine only a few days before a new release, but I tried that twice for different OSs and new machines, so I know that Apple doesn't honor them for that.

Just wondering.

In theory, the coupons are there to get discounts in future upgrades, but lately, they are just paper...
People who suffered MacOS X 10.0.0, like myself, could update to 10.1 paying only the shipping. Since then, I have paid price of market for each new version.

--------------------
G4 Cube PL Dual 1,7
mnop
post May 2 2005, 12:25 PM

Cube Guru

Specs: Powerlogix 1GHz/120GB/1.5GB/ATI 8500
Member No.: 1,316
Where From?:Los Angeles

QUOTE(Trinity @ May 2 2005, 02:38 AM)
In theory, the coupons are there to get discounts in future upgrades, but lately, they are just paper...
People who suffered MacOS X 10.0.0, like myself, could update to 10.1 paying only the shipping. Since then, I have paid price of market for each new version.

Thanks for the info. Pretty much confirms what I thought. Just for fun, maybe I'll taken them down to my local Apple retail store and see what they say to me!! And by the way, my local Fry's Electronics dropped their price on the retail box version of Tiger to $99 (from $109 in Friday's ad) in today's LA Times!! Price is good through Tuesday, and Fry's has a price-matching policy for changed prices.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:58 PM